Job Role: Assistant Producer
Preferred Start Date: May or June 2019
Place of Work: 20 Spinning Mills, Sunny Bank Mills, Leeds, LS28 5UJ
About Fresh Cut
We’re a video production company on a mission: pushing creativity to the limit! We help global brands tell their stories with content that engages, entertains and activates audiences.
From strategy and concepts, right through to production and activation. We’re a close knit team of passionate content creators working worldwide from our bases in London & Leeds.
We’re all about finding the most innovative and creative approaches to everything we do. Constantly raising the bar making every new piece of content better than the last. Going the extra mile for our customers investing the time and resources it takes to turn average into awesome.
From brand videos to animation, music videos to TV Commercials and everything in between, we’ll help brands find the perfect balance between entertainment and information to engage their audiences.
Here are a few of the brands we’ve worked with along the way: Universal Music, Team GB, Papa John’s, Adidas, Northern Ballet, Frankie & Benny’s and The Premier League.
About the role
We’re looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and friendly Assistant Producer to join our team with 2 years + industry experience as an Assistant Producer or a similar role at a Video Production Company, Digital Marketing Agency or Events Company.
Your role will include managing incoming enquiries, supporting our producers with client accounts and productions from enquiry through to completion. Other tasks include assisting with marketing duties including blog writing, content creation and outbound marketing calls.
You must have the ability to engage and develop new clients, as well as experience of managing ongoing client relationships.
Pre-Production: You’ll work closely with our producers/s and creatives to deliver proposals to clients. Your tasks will include creating shoot briefs, call sheets and detailed shoot schedules as well as support with casting, location, prop, equipment and costume sourcing.
Production: As well as being predominantly office based you will be required on-location supporting the crew, client and talent.
Post-Production: You’ll support the team and producer/s to ensure the post-production process run to schedule and budget.
Customer satisfaction and product quality are key priorities within our business. As an assistant producer you’re one of the main points of contact between Fresh Cut and our clients so top notch customer service skills are a must.
The position will suit someone that prides themselves on their organisation and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
We’re looking for a creative, outgoing, confident candidate with a strong sense of team spirit. A proactive problem solver, with excellent research and organisational skills. The ability to work independently, multi-task effectively and prioritise appropriately within a fast-moving environment.
- Supporting our Producer/s and team
- Communicating between our clients and our production team
- Managing video production projects from enquiry to delivery
- Supporting the company with marketing activities
- Direct client communications
- Internal and external reporting
- Liaising with clients on a day to day basis
- Assisting with pitch work
- General Management of the studio & supplies
- Answering inbound calls
- Making outbound calls
- Using a CRM System & staff scheduling software
- Developing and assisting with pitch work
- Demonstrate experience of client management
- 2 years + industry experience as an Assistant Producer or a similar role at a Video Production Company, Digital Marketing Agency or Events Company
- A record of efficient project management
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- A meticulous approach to scheduling and organisation
- Great customer service skills
- Awesome attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Able to collaborate with other team members
- Passionate, motivated and extremely organised
- Demonstrate experience of business development
- Experience managing and growing client accounts
- Knowledge of production for broadcast including Copy Central and Clearcast
- Knowledge of trends within video marketing
- Understanding of the processes required for video production including location permissions, casting and production scheduling
- Clean Driving Licence
What we’re offering
- Full-time Salary of £22,000 – £26,000 P/A (experience dependent)
- Part-time & freelance positions also available
- Joint-funded workplace pension
- Staff Socials
- Personal Development Program
- Access to equipment & support with Personal Projects
- Access to training
- Full-time 33 days annual leave including bank holidays.
Terms & Conditions
- Subject to a 6 month probationary period
- You must provide 2 references from previous employers or clients
- You must provide copies of qualification certificates from higher education and training
If you’ve got what it takes please send a CV, covering letter and any relevant work examples or showreel to: email@example.com