Job Role: Production Assistant
Preferred Start Date: November 2020
Place of Work: 20 Spinning Mills, Sunny Bank Mills, Leeds, LS28 5UJ
About Fresh Cut
We’re a video production company on a mission: pushing creativity to the limit! We help global brands tell their stories with content that engages, entertains and activates audiences.
From strategy and concepts, right through to production and activation. We’re a close knit team of passionate content creators working worldwide from our bases in London & Leeds.
We’re all about finding the most innovative and creative approaches to everything we do. Constantly raising the bar making every new piece of content better than the last. Going the extra mile for our customers investing the time and resources it takes to turn average into awesome.
From brand videos to animation, music videos to TV Commercials and everything in between, we’ll help brands find the perfect balance between entertainment and information to engage their audiences.
Here are a few of the brands we’ve worked with along the way: Universal Music, Team GB, Papa John’s, Adidas, Northern Ballet, Frankie & Benny’s and The Premier League.
About the role
We’re looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and friendly Production Assistant to join our team. We would prefer industry experience in a similar role at a video production company, digital marketing agency or events company, but are also open to the right candidate with a great work ethic.
You will work closely with our team of Producers to offer support on multiple and varied projects, no single day will be the same!
Your role will include supporting our producers with client accounts and productions from enquiry through to completion, various administration duties related with productions including; call sheets, risk assessments etc…. researching before productions for locations, talent, props, costumes, and permits.
You will be expected to manage multiple tasks and projects, while working to strict deadlines.
As this role demands a lot of travel collecting items for shoots and supporting the team on shoots we are only accepting applications from people with a full clean driving licence and their own car.
Pre-Production: You’ll work closely with our producers and creatives to deliver proposals to clients. Your tasks will include creating shoot briefs, call sheets and detailed shoot schedules as well as support with casting, location, prop, equipment and costume sourcing.
Production: As well as being predominantly office based you will be required on-location supporting the crew, client and talent to ensure a shoot runs as smoothly as possible.
Post-Production: You’ll support the team and producer/s to ensure the post-production process runs to schedule and budget.
Customer satisfaction and product quality are key priorities within our business. As a Production Assistant you’ll be a point of contact between Fresh Cut and our clients so top notch customer service skills are a must.
- Supporting our Producer/s and team
- Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
- Production documentation (agreement, call sheet, risk assessment, location admin, etc.)
- Sourcing/hiring/purchasing kit, props, costume, food, etc. for productions
- Collation of documentation, props, costume, kit, etc. for productions
- On-set runner duties
- General Studio upkeep (tidying, making sure presentable before shoots/client meetings, ordering suppliers)
- Liaising with clients on a day to day basis
- Assisting with pitch work
- Answering inbound calls
- Making outbound calls
- Demonstrate experience of client management
- Collating and filing expenses and invoice processing
- Booking talent/travel/hotels/hire vehicles
- Using a CRM System & staff scheduling software (Monday.com)
- 1 year + industry experience as an Production Assistant or a similar role at a Video Production Company, Digital Marketing Agency or Events Company
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- A meticulous approach to scheduling and organisation
- Great customer service skills
- Clean driving license and own car
- Awesome attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Able to collaborate with other team members
- Passionate, motivated and extremely organised
- Ability to work in an ever changing environment
- Excellent Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Great budgeting skills
- Great at working as part of a team
- Friendly and approachable
- Any experience in video production e.g camera, video editing, photography
- Knowledge of production for broadcast including Copy Central and Clearcast
- Knowledge of trends within video marketing
- Content creation and blog writing experience
- Understanding of the processes required for video production including location permissions, casting and production scheduling
- Great with technology
What we’re offering
- Full-time Salary of £18,000 – £20,000 P/A (experience dependent)
- Normal Working Hours Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm
- Joint-funded workplace pension
- Staff Socials
- Personal Development Program
- Access to training
- Full-time 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
Terms & Conditions
- Subject to a 6 month probationary period
- You must provide 2 references from previous employers or clients
- You must provide copies of qualification certificates from higher education and training
Please send a CV, covering letter and any relevant work examples
If you’ve got what it takes please send a CV, covering letter and any relevant work examples or showreel to: firstname.lastname@example.org